Monday, November 30, 2009

Seminyak, Bali


I just spent the last two days learning how to surf. Bali has some of the best surfing, for all levels. The weather here is just perfect for surfing as well. Surfing was hard, tiring and fun! I had a great time attempting to be flexible, strong and energetic!  I'm actually really satisfied with my performance, considering it was my first time.  To be any good at it would definitely take alot of practice though!

Bali is diverse, energetic and dynamic. The Balinese/Indonesian people are so rich in culture; its beautiful to watch their lives and how deeply rooted they are. It sounds weird, but they are so connected; with themselves, eachother and nature. Just watching them you can tell there is something different about these people. When I took my first surfing lesson, the instructors were showing us how to lift yourself and stand on the board. If you are not flexible (like me!) than it becomes a problematic task to bend your knees and keep both feet planted on the ground. They moved with such ease into these positions and when I was telling them later about taking a week of yoga, they said "can you teach us yoga?! come back and teach us yoga!!" I found it so funny becuase they were already way conscious of yoga than me simply by growing up here,in Bali!!!!





As I leave Bali and head back to Bangkok, I am thankful for an incredible experience. My time here has been exactly what I was hoping for; I have pushed myself to try new things, been refreshed, rejuvenated and set free in some ways too. I want to come back. This is one of the few places along the way that has drawn me in a special way.  All the places have been unique and beautiful in their own way but Bali has more to offer me.

On to my next adventure....Heather is coming!!!!! yyyyyyyaaaaaaayyyyy!

No comments:

Post a Comment