Friday, November 27, 2009

craniosacral therapy in Ubud, Bali

One of the teachers at the yoga studio I have been going to for the last week does craniosacral therapy as well. I have always wanted to do craniosacral therapy and see what happens. According to definition, 'craniosacral therapy is an alternative session involving the therapist placing their hands on the patient, which they say allows them to tune into what they call the craniosacral system'. In my terms, its an energy flowing session; it allows energy to flow and be released according to the bodies needs. Going into the session I figured it could be either a bunch of crap or a cool experience.


So, in the session, I laid on her table for 2 hours while she "worked" on my body.  It was invigorating, stimulating and so fascinating.  I felt this electricity run through my body that Ive never really paid attention to and really enjoyed my time. It was deeply relaxing.  After the session, Cat (the therapist) gave me a debriefing and said that my body is really sensitive and responds really well to this kind of work.  I was in a different, peaceful state of mind for the next couple days. 


I also wanted to come to Bali to give yoga a fair shot.  I have heard all the beneficial side effects of yoga and have not given yoga the time to be something transforming in my life.  So I wanted to immerse myself in yoga for a week and see what happened. I did yoga atleast once a day for 6 days, sometimes several times a day.  It was hard to not give up (because I am not flexible at all!) but the results are awesome.  After just one week, I feel like a lighter, relaxed, energized new person!


The point of me writing all this is to summarize my time in Ubud.....I came to a unique place in my journey.  Up to this point in my life, I have known I was sensitive and have become more aware as time passes at my strong efforts to avoid this fact. I have avoided dealing with my body or being connected to my body for a long time.  This has also become apparent to me in Bangkok with all my food issues. My week in Ubud, Bali was healing, satisfying and freeing.  I am eager to continue my journey in wholeness...


I am now in Kuta/Seminyak, Bali.  I have several surfing lessons over the next couple days and a great hotel so I'm excited to relax, enjoy and BE.

3 comments:

  1. The first and most long-term Craniosacral Therapist in Ubud, Bali named Paula Rasmussen is now available in Santa Fe, New Mexico. stillpointbliss@yahoo.com or call 505 603-8015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh...i was looking for Paula as I am heading back to Bali. She gave me the most relief I have ever had. Thanks for letting me know where she is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. massage centre singapore

    ReplyDelete