Sunday, November 15, 2009

An afternoon at the hospital

I have heard great things about the health care and dental care in Bangkok, but got my first experience with it today. Ever since Erin and I were in Chiang Mai a week and half ago, my bowels have not been happy.  In the last couple days, I have felt incredibly bloated and uncomfortable.  The symptoms from what seemed like food poisoning just weren't going away and I was getting more uncomfortable and my appetite has pretty much disappeared because I get sick from everything, so I decided to check out this hospital first hand. Its a good thing I went because when I got there, they weighed me and no joke, I have gained 12 pounds in the last week. gross...

So, I registered myself in the hospital and went to see the doctor. I had a great experience, she understood me fully and basically she thinks I have an infection in my bowels from food poisoning and that the weight gain is from water/salt retention.  She thinks I should be back to normal within 5 days (she didnt make any promises about the weight though).  Its so weird that 5 days ago, I was feeling happy, healthy and now I feel un-appetized by everything and really fat. Just how a girl wants to feel when its 100% humidity outside!!

On another note, the hospital care was incredibly affordable and I had such a great, easy experience.  The hospital was pure luxury; it felt like a hotel, the doctor was really great and helpful and I wish that health care was this simple back in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment