Saturday, November 7, 2009

Chiang Mai

After our time on the islands, Erin and I headed back to Bangkok for a day and the proceeded to Chiang Mai, in the north of Thailand. Its obviously quite a different landscape since we are no longer near the beach and find ourselves in a rain forest/mountainous area. On our first day here, we went on a 'trek' and rode elephants, went bamboo rafting and white water rafting.  Since our 'trek' was gear towards tourists, it ended up being quite cheesy but we had fun with a british couple that was on their honey moon.

Yesterday we spent the morning relaxing and spent the afternoon and evening zip-lining through the trees outside Chiang Mai. We drove an hour outside of Chiang Mai and sailed above the trees from platform to platform screaming, turning upside down and having a great time!  When we got back to the city last night, we wanted to make it to the Thai boxing match but didnt and instead enjoyed the famous night markets of Chiang Mai, where good deals, food and enjoyment are always had!


Today we head back to Bangkok for a day and then Erin leaves.  I have about a week before my trip to Hong Kong.  I am looking forward to some down time with no plans since the last month of my life has been such an adventure!!! Maybe I will find myself heading down to Koh Samed for some beach time...

No comments:

Post a Comment