Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Its a beautiful life

I wrote this blog on Dec. 5 but didnt have internet available until today to post this:


As my final week approaches in south east asia, Heather has come to visit me. Its been awesome to culminate my trip with my best friend. I thought it would be really fun to take her back to the phi phi islands, which I feel in love with a month ago when Erin was visiting. They are so incredibly beautiful and fun.

We have had some really awesome conversations so far that have really helped me to realize some things that have been stirring in my brain and heart over the last 4 months. The questions and reasons why I came to Thailand are being answered in awesome ways. When clarity comes, it is refreshing, life-giving and hopeful. I have to take some big steps in the next year to challenge myself and walk in a new, free and loving direction. It is scary but hopeful.

I have had some intensely hard and lonely moments during my time in south east Asia, but those times have allowed me to ask myself the hard questions. I feel like through the hard moments, my trip has become that much more beautiful. Who in the world gets the chance and opportunity to do what I have done?! I feel so grateful and fortunate.

I am healthy, peaceful and so loved. Life is serene in this time and place.

No comments:

Post a Comment