Saturday, November 14, 2009

Asian culture lesson #923

I have so much to still learn about this culture.  Sometimes the hardest things to learn are those which you refuse to accept. I have had the hardest time accepting certain parts or understanding things Asians do.  For instance, you will be standing in line at the grocery store or at 7-eleven (yes, they are on every corner) and some mane or woman (usually a woman) will come and just cut you in line like you aren't even there.  It is the rudest thing to me.  It even happened in the line to get into Thailand from Cambodia.  Kelly and I put up a stink and told this little lady she had to go to the back of the line and it took her a good few minutes to finally comprehend that we were not going to let her do that to us. I just dont get it...

On another note, just got back from Koh Samet yesterday for a couple days.  I wanted to get out of the city for a couple days before I leave for Hong Kong on Tuesday and it just happened to work out that my friend Joe, from highschool, just moved to Thailand to teach and had a couple days to go with me.  We had a lovely time just sitting on the beach and doing nothing except sitting,eating and drinking  Thai beer.

Today I finally made it to the weekend market in Bangkok. The weekend market is huge in Bangkok and I can't believe I hadn't made it out there yet.  It was fabulous!  Now that I am used to the markets in Asia, the crowds and craziness dont bother me as much. You expect to walk slow and sweat alot; pretty simple really. Its my last official weekend in Bangkok.  From here on out, I wont be in Bangkok for a weekend.....how crazy and weird!  Time is going so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment