Monday, September 28, 2009

International Beach Dancing

Among the many things I have wanted to do on my trip, dancing is probably in the top 5.  I want to dance all over the world and "leave my mark" if you will!!!  I love to shake my booty with my friends and last night was the first night I have truly gotten to experience this in Thailand.  A couple of weeks ago, Jenn and I had a quite disappointing dance experience in the night life district of Bangkok that didn't actually dance, so Thailand needed a little "dance relief/recovery" in my mind after that experience.

Last night, Mark, Vicky and I wandered down to the bar on the beach and found ourselves just enjoying a couple drinks. Soon enough, these french boys come into the bar area and start dancing.  I started to get really excited at that point.  A few minutes later, one of them came over and asked me to dance. His name was Arija (still cant pronounce it like he did) His french accent was so thick that I very quickly told myself "pretend like he is saying the most romantic things and enjoy just listening to him!"  We had a great time dancing and after a while, these English guys joined in on the fun, some other French girls, a guy from Sweden and some Thai people were in the mix as well.  I was definitely the only American, which is so different for me (to experience the setting where I am the only American)!


Mark and Vicky launching a fire ballon on the beach and making a wish

All this to say, it was an amazing night for me; rejuvenating, releasing and just a ton of fun! Very needed! These are the nights full of memories, joy and international friends that I want to bring home and remember forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment