Friday, October 9, 2009

yep, still sweating

I am happy to be back on the blog circuit and report of recent events:
1- Since I got back from Koh Samet last week, I have spent time at our apartment reading, reflecting, watching movies and enjoying some down time.  Although these are the times you usually feel the most lonely, I have really enjoyed this time and have come away with some important realizations.  Jenn and her mom, Kristy just came home for two nights during their travels and it was refreshing and fun to see them and hang out with them!  Now they left for Chiang Mai for a couple days...
2- I bought my plane ticket home for December 11. Yes, I am coming home in December.  After letting the situation play itself out here in Bangkok, it has worked out for the absolute best. I am traveling intensely, doing the things and going to the places I have wanted to go and then am going to make it home in time for Christmas and my mom's wedding!!!  The wedding was an event that I was having a hard time NOT being at, so I decided to come home early to attend. I am leaving on December 11 to meet my friend Jamelyn in San Francisco with her closest friends for a long weekend to celebrate her 30th birthday (which was ALSO an event that I didn't want to miss celebrating!) 

I am still having alot of moments where I struggle with this unique, different and exhilarating culture, but there are many more moments these days where I breathe deep and truly enjoy what this time of my life is offering me and teaching me. What an awesome experience I am taking part in!

I am leaving tomorrow for my trip through Vietnam, Cambodia and ending in Thailand. I am excited and anxiously awaiting what I will see, experience, eat and do on my 18 day adventure!!! and now i go on...

No comments:

Post a Comment