Saturday, September 26, 2009

the adventures of a scooter on koh samet

Today, I rented two scooters with Vicky, Mark and Poleen (a woman I met from Canada). It cost us 500 Baht to rent them for the whole day ($15). Our plan was to venture around this small island we are on and explore. So we started on our journey at the ripe hour of 1 pm (its my new hours of functioning) and found ourselves scooting through the nastiest mud pits, crappiest of hills and shadiest of roads. I wish I could have pulled out my camera to take pictures, but instead I was attempting to gun it up the hill in hopes that we wouldn't fall backwards while at the same time telling Mark to get off the back and start pushing me. Then Poleen was in front of me with Vicky going up the hill cautiously (like most drivers would do if they weren't me) but instead I would rather hit the pedal to the metal and hope for the best (good philosophy? I dont know, but its worked so far!) and almost had to lay my scooter down because she kept swerving across the rocky, pit-ridden road.  All this to say, I got to experience some beautiful destinations today because of our journey.  Waves crashing against the rocks with nothing to look at but beautiful teal ocean in the distance. It was like a movie scene from a romantic comedy. And I got to experience it in real life! All in all a great day on my journey.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time, and beautiful scenery. Love, MJ

    ReplyDelete