Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Being a swimmer in my youth has not provided to be a profitable sport for me in Asia, considering that they have cute clothes here but my broad shoulder and chest do not fit into the tops! These people are built so incredibly different than me! I guess its good because it means I wont be spending much money on clothes while I am here! I will most definitely be tired of the ones I brought by the time I leave though...

I got atleast two clients on Friday night. We went out with Jenn's co workers for several of their birthdays and manipulated my way into being their new hairstylist! I miss cutting hair on a daily basis!

We went to church for the first time on Sunday and it was great. It was refreshing to go somewhere that English was spoken and it felt like a piece of home. Afterwards we found this mexican restaurant and both Jenn and I were ecstatic! I, especially, was excited to find guacamole in Bangkok! I miss guacamole terribly.

This city is very safe. For those of my family that are worried and loose sleep over my travels to such a foreign place, I want to console you and tell you I feel incredibly safe here! In fact, there are many moments that I feel safer here than in certain places in the US. The people are so non-threatening.

Jenn has one more week of training at the school and then 3 weeks off, I believe. I am looking forward to traveling around a little bit more with her and seeing some more of Thailand. We have yet to decide what the plans are but whatever the vacation may bring will be good!

I have been trying to post pictures to facebook, but the internet connection is usually too slow here....the gloriousness of foreign countries!

No comments:

Post a Comment