Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Accepting a beautiful thing


I find myself starting to adjust to the weird idiosyncrasies of Asia and its very uniqueness that makes it Asia, while at the very same time experiencing a parallel acceptance of myself.  As I walk through the crowded streets, dirty places and uncomfortable conversations, I have been willing to go to those places in myself.  The past week has been a beautiful distraction for me from the intensity life has thrown my way since arriving in Asia; but all at the same time, I have began to accept the beauty, laughter, and passion of me and everything else that goes along with me. 

Vietnam is a beautiful country, and as I leave Vietnam in a day and head towards Cambodia, I reflect on what Vietnam has shown me.  The people here are meek, gentle and friendly.  We have experienced the fog of Vietnam, the bicycles and motorbikes creating unbelievable traffic, the wine, the ocean, the rain, the awesome food, the tailors, dancing on the beach, the other travelers (met a boy named Adam!) the temples, the river boats, the overnight trains and found myself truly taking in each moment.  These are the moments to cherish for a lifetime and that most people never get to experience. 

Dear Vietnam, 
Thank you for being so good to me.

Love,
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment