Saturday, October 17, 2009

Nha Trang, Vietnam Day 7

Wow, so much fun to be had, so little time to write a blog!!!  Its been a nice distraction from my introverted thoughts last week to be surrounded at all times and just having fun this week. We have done so much and had so much fun.

There are four of us on my tour, which is surprising but has turned out to be perfect.  Hayley and Shannon are a couple from Sydney Australia.  Hayley is also a hairstylist and we have so much in common.  Shannon is a really laid back guy that is really awesome about being with 3 girls all the time.  Kelly, my roommate, is a medic in the Australian Navy.  She has experienced alot, has alot to offer the group and has a little edge that is feisty and hilarious.

When we left Hanoi on Monday, we took an overnight train to Hue. The four of us brought two bottles of wine on the train to ease the pain of being in such a tight space.  It was fun to chat and hang out with each other.  The front of the train had a community area which we ended up finding ourselves hanging out with other travelers and some of the Vietnamese navy, who ended up singing us all their patriotic songs.  It was a picturesque moment.

In Hue, we went on a motorbike tour for the day and truly enjoyed the surroundings.  It was absolutely beautiful.  Hue was the capital of Vietnam at one time and so its updated, yet very quaint. We also went out dancing for the first time in Hue and had many stories the next day thanks to my roommate Kelly, who had WAY too much to drink. I think this was the night that we all really bonded. We have been laughing about it since...

From Hue, we went to Hoi An. Hoi An is known for their awesome food and great tailors.  I had 2 dresses, a suit jacket and a shirt tailored for me as well as some shoes made.  They are all so awesome; couldn't be happier!  The shoes are not how I described them, but thats what happens when you dont have a picture and cannot speak the language!!!  But they are awesome leather and very comfortable. We also took a cooking class in Hoi An which was a unique experience as well.

From Hoi An, we have found ourselves in Nha Trang.  Its the most beautiful beach in Vietnam.  Yesterday we went on a boat cruise around the islands of Nha Trang, but the weather was crummy, so we ended the trip early, came back and found ourselves at a french restaurant drinking wine and eating cheese.  Last night we went to the sailing club where they had dancing all night and it was a blast.

The accommodations have been absolutely lovely.  I have always been hesitant to come on tours because I felt like it would hold me back from what I really wanted to do, but it has been nothing but awesome for me.  It has been great to be around people my age, have all the details of travel taken care of for me and to get to have the experiences I dream of!

Tonight we are headed to Saigon on an overnight train for a couple days and then headed to Cambodia.  Its all going way to quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment